A few months ago my sister, Hanna, called me and suggested I sign up to run the Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab, UT with her in March. I never thought I'd actually get through the lottery process, so I said "Sure!" To my surprise, my registration was accepted, so I spent the next few months training faithfully! It has been 10 years since the last time I did it, and since then I've gotten married, borne 3 babies, and (oh, yeah) gotten 10 years older. But I did it! I actually had a really good run and felt great for about 11 miles, but sometime in the 12th mile I hit the wall and swore a solemn oath to strangle my sister for talking me into it! I kept going, however, and finished respectably. And once I had fully recovered, I decided I couldn't wait to do it again! But don't be too impressed with me. Hanna, who is a diabetic, learned after she had committed to do the race that she is pregnant with her second baby. And somehow she kept up her training and completed the half marathon at 14 weeks along, maintaining her blood sugar at a healthy level! I am definitely more impressed with her than I am with myself!
The picture above was taken after the race, when I could finally see my kiddos and smile again!
Wow Heather! We are so impressed here. I really admire you and Hanna for doing this. Your blog looks so cute and I'm excited to read through the rest of it. We just love your little family. Thanks for keeping us in the loop with what's going on.
ReplyDelete~Karalenn and family
Haha. Sorry forgot Seth was signed in when I posted that comment.
ReplyDeleteTry to forget that mile 12... are you up for a full marathon in about a year? Okay, maybe a little longer...
ReplyDelete