Thursday, July 2, 2009

Coco's 3rd Birthday!


Courtney had a birthday, shout "Hooray!" I had to post a copy of this invitation to her birthday celebration because I thought it was so cute!
We celebrated our little Princess with a small gathering with a few little friends from her nursery class who came for cake and ice cream. She had gotten a new Cinderella costume as a birthday gift from mom & dad and, of course, had to wear it for the event. Her most favorite gift of the day was her Cinderella and Prince Charming dolls that were from Chase and Avery (and don't think they weren't totally pumped to have made her so happy with their gift!). Her cake request was a Princess Castle. I have a bundt cake pan that is shaped like a sand castle, so to turn it into a Princess Castle I added some towers made of ice cream cones covered in pink sugar. Chase made the flags for the top of the towers out of tooth picks and construction paper (he was so proud of them!). So, the cake was a cinnamon bundt cake with glaze, pink sugar, and some embellishment with frosting to make flowers and vines. It was pretty simple, and she loved it! The whole birthday was very "princess-y", which was appropriate and fun for this super fun age for our little girl!

1 comment: