Sadly, I am posting this over a month after Chase's birthday . . . but please note the other part of the headline--"Summer is Here!" That means I am finally pulling myself together enough to have the time for posting!
Chase had a fun birthday in May. He decided that he wanted to go to the Denver Botanic Gardens for our family activity, because he really wanted to go to a Rainforest (and the Gardens were the closest thing available). It was a beautiful day and we got to enjoy the spring flowers on the grounds as well as the Rainforest indoors. Of course, we also went to Cici's Pizza for lunch! It was a fun celebration for our big 9-year-old boy! We love our awesome Chase!
After we finished our school year, Chase attended his second year of Cub Scout Day Camp. It was a fun week full of lots of activities, crafts, and learning. The weather included everything from scorching hot sun to tornado warnings and thunderstorms! Phewsh!
Now, we are so happy to be enjoying our summer break, with lots and lots of time for play and reading and swimming and biking (and getting organized for next year). And maybe I'll even get a few more blog posts done!
I'll be looking forward to them (the blog posts:)
ReplyDelete