Here is proof positive that our Avery is just as sweet as I have always said he is--he's always the one to attract the bug bites because his blood contains the Essense of Sweetness! Too bad he is also prone to infection. In this picture, Avery is showing us the infected bug bite on his arm . . . which has so far cost us $50 in copay and prescription costs. Last year he ended up hospitalized because of a major infection of a bug bite on his leg, where they had to administer antibiotics via IV. Unfortunately, the experience was a bit overwhelming to him, so he was very reluctant to tell me about this year's bug bite fearing he'd end up back in the hospital with a needle in his arm. Boo! But I discovered it after a day or two when it was huge and hot and swollen, and promptly took him to the doctor. This time, however, the antibiotics that we are administering at home seem to be doing the trick. But this tells me that we'll have to watch this boy more closely in the summer months, so we can avoid these costly infections! Word has spread among the mosquitos--my Avery is one tasty boy!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Avery! I sympathize...I've developed allergic reactions to mosquito bites. No fun!
ReplyDelete