By Shel Silverstein
It’s hot!
I can’t get cool,
I’ve drunk a quart of lemonade,
I think I’ll take my shoes off
And sit around in the shade.
It’s hot!
My back is sticky,
The sweat rolls down my chin.
I think I’ll take my clothes off
And sit around in my skin.
It’s hot!
I’ve tried with ‘lectric fans,
And pools and ice cream cones.
I think I’ll take my skin off
And sit around in my bones.
It’s still hot!
This was our "Poem of the Month" for July, and with good reason! Apparently, it was the hottest July on record for Colorado. Wow! Fortunately, we have been able to cool off with fun summer activities, such as the Cub Scout pool party. It was a super fun afternoon, if you didn't mind the heat, a crowded pool, and going potty in the bushes (hey, at least it wasn't in the pool!). Lucky thing that Cub Scouts and Pools and Parties go so well together. They all had a blast!
Pictures from the event:
Chase and Coco having fun in the sun!
Avery participating in the swim relay.
Trey trying on Mommy's sunglasses.


No comments:
Post a Comment