Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mixing It Up

The Groundhog predicted an early spring this year, and I sure hope he is right!  I feel like I have been shivering for 3 months straight.  I always start out the day dressing warmly and then find myself adding layers throughout the day; and at night I sleep with 3 blankets and the fireplace going.  I am so tired of being cold!

Anyway, I mention that because last weekend we had a big blizzard blow through.  And, although I wasn't thrilled about the weather, we did find a way for me to enjoy it a little bit and still stay warm.

We have a huge driveway and no snow blower, so it has to be shoveled by hand.  Usually this is Nate's job, or sometimes the boys'.  But, we decided to mix things up a little bit this time, and practice a little bit of healthy role reversal in our marriage.  I agreed to shovel that darn driveway full of snow, while Nate cleaned up the kitchen.


So, FINALLY, I was warm and toasty out in the snow and actually enjoyed it!  It took me forever because that dang driveway is enormous and there was a TON of snow piled up on it.  But, I was warm and energized, and I wasn't even sore the next day.  Meanwhile, Daddy took care of the kiddos and cleaned up the kitchen for me, and had a little time to relax and play the piano.  See?  A little bit of mixing it up now and then can make all the difference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment