Thursday, April 25, 2013

Two Birthdays for the Price of One

April 14th is forever going to be one of my most favorite days ever, because it marks the day that TWO of my life's loves were born (38 years apart)!

This year was fun because it was Nate's big 40th birthday, and Trey turned 2 years old.  What better way is there to celebrate a 40th birthday than to share it with a two-year-old?  I can't think of any!

Please enjoy these fun pictures of these two handsome and adorable guys on their special day!

This is the day before the birthday; here is my little guy checking out the plates of Elmo cupcakes that I had just finished making.

Oh, the impulse control I require of a two-year-old!  How could I have made him wait to eat one of these?

He can hardly stand it!   Haha!

Red Velvet Elmo cupcakes for the two-year-old.

I made up the pattern for the Elmo face all by myself.  I didn't even use Pinterest!  They turned out pretty good, don't you think?

These guys celebrated their birthday this year on a Sunday.  Trey is all dressed for church, but we spoiled Daddy and let him sleep in for once.

Trey is getting ready to open his birthday gift.

He still hasn't quite figured out how to really tear into the wrapping paper.  That will probably be next year!

Fun Elmo piano from Nana!

Official birthday portrait.  Why are my pictures always so fuzzy?

This is Daddy's birthday cake.  Black Forest cake made completely from scratch and with lots of love!

Nathan asked for his favorite kind of birthday cake for his big 40th, but we can't forget this is also a two-year-old's birthday around here!  So, I made Nate's favorite treat and then made this yummy Black Forest cake for Trey.  Haha!  Just kidding; the cupcakes were for Trey!

The sweetest nursery leaders in the world helped to celebrate Trey's birthday with cookies and a crown.

Look at these cute guys.  Here they are Face Timing with Nana so she can sing them a birthday song.  So cute!

Oh my sweet scrumptious baby!  I just LOVE two-year-olds!

Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday!

Daddy demonstrating how to blow out candles.


Yum!

Tentative attempt at blowing out the candle.

Poor Coco!  It is all she can do to keep from blowing out the candle for him!

Getting a little closer to see if it helps . . . .

He did it!

Okay, I'm a little proud of the cakes.  I took this picture so you could see the triple layers with the cherry and whipped cream filling.  So dang yummy!

"Woohoo!  I'm two!"  And boy, did he ever enjoy that cupcake!  Good thing we have a washing machine and bathtub!

My cute little collage of favorite birthday pictures.  LOVE these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment