Chase had his twelfth birthday!
Holy cow, I can hardly believe that our firstborn is growing up so quickly and almost ready to leave childhood behind. And without our permission! Slow it down, buddy . . . we're not ready to see you fly just yet!
But, oh, my! What a perfectly wonderful young man Chase is turning out to be. I remember when I was pregnant and we first found out that our baby was a boy. I was so excited because I knew how cute and fun a little boy would be! But, I was slightly terrified of the day when he wouldn't be little anymore. I could only imagine a loud, smelly, rough, thoughtless, goofy, gangly person making havoc in my house and eating all our food. Haha! Well, the day I shuddered to imagine has arrived, and that boy in my former imagination doesn't exist in one single fiber of Chase's being.
Chase is so kind and thoughtful, the sweetest big brother, so capable and confident and accomplished! He is funny, talented, creative, brilliant, disciplined, obedient, spiritual, loving, tender, gentle, strong, handsome, neat, and an absolute joy to know. I could never have imagined such a fine young man who would grace our home so beautifully.
But, he can let rip some seriously loud burps. Wow! And, he does eat a lot of food. :)
Anyway, I love that kid beyond words. We had a great time celebrating his birthday this year because his Nana came from Utah to join us for the occasion. She was sweet enough to want to be present for his ordination to the Aaronic Priesthood, which took place two days after his birthday. So, it was an extra special time! We stayed close to home during her visit, except for a field trip up to see Nathan's new office (Nana had not seen the office since they moved to their new location) and to have lunch at Larkburger (divine!). Otherwise we stayed home, made Chase's favorite foods, played the piano, played games, played outside, and played some more.
On Sunday, Chase was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood, and thus began his journey as a Youth in the church, taking on new responsibilities to serve right away. Chase was very good about trying to understand what it means to be a Priesthood holder, asking good questions and committing to follow through and serve in the ordinances of the church. We are excited to see him grow and develop in this new role!
Below are some pictures from the special weekend we shared celebrating our Amazing Chase! Happy Birthday, Chaser Bug!
| This is the collage I made with pictures of Chase at different ages, showing how much he has grown and just how darn awesome he has always been! Isn't he so super cute? |
| Just look at this handsome young man on the morning of his birthday, looking so happy and excited while opening gifts. |
| Checking out the new camping gear for Scouts. No more Thomas the Tank Engine toys for this boy! |
| Here is the littlest brother watching Chase open gifts. I just added this picture because he is so darn cute! |
| Chase climbing the willow tree on his birthday. |
| Chase requested the same kind of cake as Avery had for his birthday. I couldn't blame him; it was delicious! It was a 3-layer cherry red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Absolutely amazing! |
| Blowing out the candles and getting ready to enjoy cake and ice cream. |
| These are a few pictures from Family Game Day. We enjoyed snacks and games for hours! |
| This picture cracks me up because Trey is rolling the dice. It was an important job and he was proud to do it! |
| Evidence! Nana really was here! We almost never get pictures of her, but here she is! And looking so lovely, as always! |
| Playing UNO! |
| More Court of Honor |
Congratulations, Chase, for growing up so well and for being worthy of all the praise and celebration you received on this special birthday. We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment