May and June are a fine time for camping in Colorado! And there has been plenty of camping going on in this family. At least for some of us. Personally, I would prefer a camping trip in a Ritz-Carlton with chocolate dipped s'mores delivered by room service--haha! But, anyway! Fortunately, there are opportunities for those in my family who like to camp to do it without me. Nate and the older boys went to the Fathers and Sons campout in May, and both Chase and Avery had scout camps in June.
Avery's scout camp with the Webelos was a Day Camp, so there was no overnight fun happening, but he had a great experience. He learned about Birds of Prey and about the FBI and about woodworking crafts and sports and scout skills. He even got to practice archery, BB-guns, and Tomahawk throwing! I have no pictures of Day Camp, since I was unable to attend with him. But, he came home every day from the Hot, Dry, and Windy camp covered in dust and sweat and smiles. :)
This year was Chase's first time going to a real Boy Scout camp that was 6 days long. SIX days! Overnight camping! Away from home! Okay, so it wasn't a big deal to him, but for this mom it was an awfully LONG time for him to be away. Nate did attend the camp as an adult volunteer for the first half of the week, and when he came home he reported to me that Chase was doing great and having the time of his life. So, I wasn't really "worried" about him. But I did miss him an awful lot! Fortunately, while Nate was there he did get several photos from Chase's camp which I will be able to share here. Enjoy!
 |
| This is a picture of Chase's campsite at Peaceful Valley south of Franktown, CO. |
 |
| Chase and his buddies learning about the sumping process for their dish water. |
 |
| Building a swingset! |
 |
| Nice work, guys! |
 |
| Look, Ma! No hands! |
 |
| More sumping |
 |
| Pioneering project. |
 |
| Coolest project! |
 |
| He finally came home! Looking tall and dirty and happy and way too grown up. |
 |
| Oh, and here is what Coco and Trey and I did while the boys were away at Fathers and Sons. A Pretty Party! Poor, unfortunate Trey was the ignorant victim of sparkling eyeshadow and lip gloss! Forgive us, boys???? |
No comments:
Post a Comment