Anyhoo...I remembered a couple of things I intended to include in my Food Blog post and decided to just do a little Post Script here.
First, I have developed a little pet peeve about something that happens at church ALL.THE.TIME nowadays, and it's no surprise that I have become irritated by it while I have been pursuing my own nutrition "conversion," as it were. Has anyone else noticed how OFTEN people are bringing sugary treats to serve at church in the last few years? It is especially prevalent in Primary, and I feel it is a dangerous habit that, while well-intentioned, leads to unintended consequences.
However, the offenders that are bringing said treats to church are usually my friends, and in some cases they are the sweetest people in the world who just want to share love with others by giving them something special as a treat. So, I hesitate to bring up my concern for fear of offending these kind-hearted friends of mine.
Instead, I decided to just write down my opinion and pass it on to people I don't know, where my friends would be unlikely to see it, and where the audience wouldn't disagree (at least not very much) with my point of view, just to get it off my chest. Kind of a wimpy soap box, I know. But, hey, it was a cathartic exercise nonetheless! I wrote a little article about treats in Primary and sent it in to the LDS Fitness Network, and they liked it so much that they posted it on their blog! Haha! Isn't that funny? Here is the link, if you are interested in reading it: Did You Bring Us A Treat? by Heather Merrill.
Finally, I used the last of the tomatoes we grew in our garden today to make a batch of salsa. So, I am posting a picture. Try not to be too jealous...but we ate some of this tonight with a turkey taco salad for dinner. SUPER YUM! Here it is, in all of its freshness and heavenly glory!
| Homemade Salsa with Tomatoes from our Garden! |
I'm so with you on the treats at church!!!! I don't like it.
ReplyDelete