Sunday, October 26, 2014

#togetherforever

I do realize that I am ridiculously behind on my blogging.  The whole process of getting our school year underway this year has been terribly time consuming!  So, I regret that I have not kept up the blog as well as I would like.  Therefore, I will have to just hit a few highlights to catch up a bit and try to do better now that things have settled down a bit.

So, the best place to start is with a love story, of course!  In August, Nathan and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.  Fifteen years!  What an amazing blessing to be together and to still feel as whipped in love as we ever did :).  Except we now have the seasoning of many years and many experiences to make that love even deeper; now THAT is truly rich!  And my gratitude for him has only grown over the years.  I thank Heaven every single day for him and for our life together.

It was a special anniversary for us, but it took some effort to celebrate it!  Our anniversary fell on a Wednesday, which happens to be our busiest day of the week.  So, we ended up settling for a celebration consisting of a candlelight homemade dinner in our own kitchen at 9:30pm that evening...after the long workday and running our scouts all over the place in the evening hours.  Nate did bring home some Cafe Rio Key Lime Pies for dessert as well.  Yum!  

We did find the time to go to the temple that weekend to commemorate our temple marriage (awwwwww!).  And then, two weeks later, we went on an actual DATE!  We went out to dinner and then to a concert at the Denver Botanic Gardens.  We went to see Colbie Caillat and got soaked to the bone in the rain.  But it was really SO fun!  She is a great performer and I love her voice.  And it was especially fun to hang out with my honey and just enjoy being together!  Here are some pictures of some of us in the last few months:
Fifteen years of (mostly) bliss with this guy!

I took this photo when the kids and I were visiting the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see the Mayan exhibit.  This plaque explains that those crazy Mayans believed the world began on August 13!  Which is exactly how I feel, too...because MY world began on August 13th when I was sealed to my sweetheart in the Salt Lake Temple back in 1999.  Truth!

Nate at his drums and looking exactly the same as when I fell in love with him!  This is his happy place and I love it when he has the time to go there.  

Here we are taking a concert selfie at the Colbie Caillat concert.  This was before the concert started.  And before the huge rainstorm started, too!

Another picture of us waiting for the concert at the Denver Botanic Gardens.  It really was a beautiful setting for a concert...until it got super soggy, that is. :)

And here we are trying to keep dry under Nate's jacket for the last two hours of the evening.  But actually, we didn't really stay dry  Ha!  Thankfully it was August, so it wasn't too cold.

Nare and I are kind of late bloomers, having started and finished having our children later than most.  But, even though we have a lot of miles on us, we are so grateful to still have little people around to keep us young and vibrant--such as on this Sunday afternoon when we rode scooters up and down the sidewalk under the direction of our silly 3-year-old!  He keeps us young!
I'm grateful for a husband who takes good care of me and who tries to spoil me when he can!  Recently, he bought me a bunch of new clothes, because I needed them badly and I am terrible at shopping for myself.  But, on some days we don't see a lot of each other because of his long work hours, so he doesn't always know when I am wearing something he bought for me.  I took this picture one morning because he left for work before I had gotten dressed.  I wanted him to see that I was wearing the new shirt he bought for me, so I took a bathroom selfie and texted it to him!  He did a good job picking this pretty shirt out, don't you think?  Thank you, honey bunches!

My honey!  It was so odd to me (but what do I know about the recreational preferences of the upper class?) when Nate was invited by a business associate for a networking "hunting" day.  This is something I've never seen him do in all of our years together.  Keeping it fresh!

Pheasant hunting.  Who knew?

Wearing his hunter's orange!

We took this picture one evening when we had the great opportunity to go to an Elton John concert together.  Yes, that's right.  Elton John!  Can you believe I actually considered not going when Nate first told me he had the chance to accept some free tickets?  It was a really busy week, and I didn't think we should squeeze in one more activity.  But, I woke up the next morning and said to myself, "It's Elton John!  OF COURSE we have to go!"  So, we did, and it was really a great experience.  Such an amazing talent and entertainer.  It was Elton John!  We also happened to be sitting right next to the local meteorologist in our suite...haha!  So random and so fun!
Nate sent me this photo of himself when he was on his way home late one night but had to stop for gas.  I don't know why, but I just love this picture!  Maybe it's because he is glowing.  Ha!  And of course, I realize that this picture, as well as several others I am posting here, really have nothing to do with celebrating our wedding anniversary.  But it is a good chance for me to write a few words about the love of my life, so I'm doing it!  Because the truth is that we've been together for a long time now, so we have a pretty big range of experiences under our belts, good and bad and fun and painful and cheery and grouchy and thoughtful and selfish and blissful and boring.  But no matter what, from the beginning until now, I have had and still have an intense, powerful, and deep attachment to and love for this guy!  I guess that's why you could call him my soulmate, and why I like still like him so much even when we've seen the best and worst of each other for a lot of years.  But heck, we're just barely getting started at a mere fifteen years of marriage!  Yay!
And one more date night selfie!  This is us at Walmart after the adult session of Stake Conference on a Saturday night.  I guess that's what old married people do for fun!  Yup, we can do things that seem completely boring and have a great time doing them just because we have each other.  SO blessed!  I totally LOVE this guy! #togetherforever




No comments:

Post a Comment