22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;
23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.
Trey
"Jesus. The Holy Ghost. Candy!" (he says in a post-Halloween stupor...yikes!).
Courtney
This scripture makes me think that He knows us and he chose us specially for our day and he is proud of us because we are trying our hardest to become better people. Like Abraham, we are chosen specially for our day, so we need to do our best, even if it is hard. We have a mission we have to do, but we're not afraid, because we are some of His most valiant children.
Avery
I think that that means that we are all ordained to our own mission. Even if it doesn't mean being what we may think of when we hear the word "ruler," we each have our own mission to fulfill.
Fulfilling our foreordained mission is part of becoming more like Christ. Fulfilling that mission typifies Christ's fulfillment of his mission. Part of the reason that I thought of this is because one of the Bifocals scriptures says that "all things which have been given of God from the beginning of the world, unto man, are the typifying of him." That tells us that everything, including fulfilling our foreordained mission, typifies Jesus.
Chase
I did not come into existence when I was born. I am like my Heavenly Father, an eternal being with no beginning and no end. I am an intelligence, thinking and acting and choosing to try to be like God of my own free will. I am God's son, and because I am God's son, I will have the capacity to create and rule worlds without number as He does. I was organized before the world was, and God saw me that I was good, so He gave me a special work to do while I am here on earth. And since I am His son, an eternal being with Godly potential, I know I can do this work.
Nate
This scripture gets to the essence of what a blessing it is to be blessed with the restored gospel. This scripture is one of the few that provides additional meaningful clarity as to events that preceded our birth on the Earth, and that knowledge and understanding is unique and does (and should) change the way we do almost everything as to our counterparts who are not blessed with this understanding. We are beings that have existed for (and will continue to exist) for eternity. We have brought with us to earth some of the skills and attributes we developed in premortal life, and thus we should seek to tap into that experience and understanding and seek the spirit to bring to our knowledge that which we have previously known .
Heather
This scripture teaches an amazing truth: that we are on a great journey, a grand adventure planned for us by the God of the Universes, and that this part of it (our earth life) is really just a step, a necessary challenge, in the midst of this journey. Isn't that a fantastic thing to know? We were organized and born into the family of God long before we came here, and He prepared this world and He prepared us to enter mortality for the purpose of advancing us toward eternal life with our Father and Mother in Heaven. Premortally, we lived with them and learned at their feet all of those things necessary prior to coming to mortality. And then, we agreed to have a veil come over our eyes so that we would not remember what we knew then, until we came into contact with it again in mortality. Knowing who we really are is a great blessing. We were chosen before we were born to accomplish a foreordained mission on earth, and with faith in Jesus Christ and the light of truth we can do it!
| Our Halloween costumes this year! A princess, triplets in kilts, and a groovy couple. Just a little fun in the midst of our mortal journey. Ha! |
No comments:
Post a Comment