
My big boys just finished a week of Cub Scout Day Camp. For Chase, this was his 3rd and final year, and for Avery, this was his first year. So, it was the only year they were able to attend together; and by all reports, they were inseparable buddies! I'm so glad they have each other! Each day of the camp they rotate between activities in the areas of Sports, Crafts, Nature & Science, Games, Archery/BB Guns, and Scout Skills. They also build a mini rocket and launch it on the last day of camp. They are outside all day long, which explains the redness you see in the pictures above. Overall, they had great weather, great friends, and great leaders to go with all the great activities. I love to hear what they learn about at camp each day!I usually like to be a parent volunteer for at least one of the days. This year that was impossible for me, since I had a new baby and a recovering husband at home. But somehow I managed to do drop-off and pick-up every day, so I could feel like I was still a small part of the daily events! Believe me, that was no small feat in itself, considering our circumstances right now. And now that this week is done, I can breathe a sigh of relief that next week I no longer have to juggle transportation to and from Cub Camp with the baby's schedule (or complete lack thereof) and with Nate's doctor's appointments and with Courtney's playdates and with everything else I have to do to keep from drowning in chaos. Phewsh! Praying for a quieter week next week . . . . :)
By far Joy El Ministries is why I plan to visit Pennsylvania. I know many people have lists of Christian retreat centers in Pennsylvania, but I’ve always connect with this place and I know you will too. God’s love can be found in every corner. They have a ton of fun activities form camping to group prayer. You never seem to have any down time. Not to mention the lush Pennsylvania landscape gives a feeling of isolation, like a getaway retreat to rejuvenate your fellowship with God. It is so important to have a place where you can connect with your faith and Joy El Ministries has not only the perfect setup, but a countryside to support it.
ReplyDelete