Saturday, October 8, 2011

Little Patient

This is a photo of our Little Trey at the Children's Hospital yesterday, where he was a patient in Outpatient Surgery. He was born with a defect in his urethra called hypospadias, in which the urethra doesn't fully develop and makes an early exit from the penis on the underside. His was severe enough that it required a surgical correction. The picture above was taken pre-op, when he was dressed in his little hospital gown and gumming a tongue depressor. SUCH a sweet little guy! He had no idea what he was in for . . . it was only Mommy stressed out at this point!
Here you can see his pink, pink cheeks! He was so hungry and I had been holding him in my arms for a few hours trying to keep him comfortable. But he was still able to put on a smile and charm all of the nurses!
Just LOOK at those chubby, chubby legs! I'm IN LOVE!
Sleeping peacefully after surgery.
Here you can see some of the "attachments" necessary to monitor him while he was under the general anethesia (and epidural). Day one of recovery was challenging, but I am happy to report that today he seems to be feeling much better! He's tired, but I think his pain level is low, because he has been so cheerful! LOVE that sweet little guy and his perfect new urethra!

No comments:

Post a Comment