Monday, August 6, 2012

Do You Always Begin Conversations This Way?

"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"

(There's a Princess Bride movie quote for every situation.)

One of Chase's birthday presents this year was an enrollment in fencing classes, which he is now doing weekly at a local recreation center.  We knew he might be interested in this sport because he is so interested in medieval warfare, and he loves sword fights (with the Nerf swords) around the house.  It is a great opportunity for him to learn precision and muscle control and assertiveness.  Plus, it's just dang cool!  Look how awesome he looks in the pictures we took at his class:

Chase is on the right in this photo.  Doesn't he look awesome?

Chase looks like he has the height advantage here,
but they were nearly the same.

"And you've done nothing but study swordplay ever since?"

"More pursue than study lately. You see, I cannot find him... it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills.
There's not a lot of money in revenge."

No comments:

Post a Comment