This was one of my favorite events of the whole entire summer: my favorite college roommate, Sarah Pixton Slade, came for a visit!!!!
She was driving through Denver from Utah with five of her seven children on her way to participate in the Nauvoo Pageant this summer. Her husband and two oldest sons were at Trek, so we didn't get to see them. However, we still had a HOUSE FULL!
They spent two nights with us, camped out on mattresses in our family room. We took the kiddos swimming at the community pool, and spent the rest of the day letting the children play while we attempted to catch up with each other. I absolutely loved our visit! And the kids explored our basement quite thoroughly all afternoon; no toy or game or puzzle was left unturned! Such an awesome time. I was honestly sad to see them go the next morning, but I am excited for their experience in Nauvoo. We love the Slades!
Here is a photo of the children before they left. For some reason, my 3 oldest children all decided to wear their "Ireland" shirts that day . . . it wasn't a required uniform . . . just coincidence! And, naturally, our Baby Trey had to express his displeasure that Mommy wasn't holding him. But, otherwise it was all good! Sarah and I, along with our husbands, can't be accused of disobeying the commandment to Multiply and Replenish the earth! I feel replenished just looking at this photo!
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment