Friday, September 7, 2012

You've Had a Birthday (Shout, "Hooray!")

I forgot to mention that I had a birthday this week, in the middle of a bunch of ordinariness.  Is that a word?  My children and husband were all very nice to me, and I got a ton of birthday wishes from friends.  And I got to make myself my favorite chocolate-chocolatey-chocolate bundt cake.  Yum!  Here is a picture of me while the family sang their praises of me . . . I mean, while they sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  I look kind of dopey, but that's not unusual! :)



I also took the liberty of doing the shopping myself, so I got exactly what I wanted.  It is a thing of beauty!  I needed a new KitchenAid mixer because my old one had died after many years of love.  So, I picked out one that would look perfect in my dream kitchen someday.  Isn't it pretty?


Apple green and gorgeous.  And, oh, the delightful creations that have come out of it already (including the aforementioned chocolate-chocolatey-chocolate bundt cake)!  Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment