Friday, July 12, 2013

Gone Blog Crazy!

This is my thirteenth blog post today (if you include the piano videos from YouTube).  I must have gone Blog Crazy!

I look a little crazy in this picture, don't I?

But, here's the real story: I woke up this morning completely exhausted after a full night's sleep.  I had absolutely no motivation to move or get out of bed, which is very unusual for me, since I usually get up and start moving (and hard!) right away.  There was only one explanation for this: the physical strain and stress of the previous month had caught up with me big time.  So, I abandoned my plans to unpack another room in favor of sitting around and resting as much as possible.  I needed a break!

But, I also couldn't stand to be unproductive for a full day.  It's an addiction, and will probably require therapy in the future, but I just have to work when there is daylight.  So, since I was WAY behind on the blog, I figured this was a perfect day to do some catch-up on the blog and sit around and rest in the process.

This final blog post for the day is just meant to capture a few more pictures that I like, that will provide a little bit more of the story of our recent experiences.  Then, I guess I have to get some real work done today after all, because the dinner dishes are waiting and the clean laundry needs to be folded.  *Sigh!*  Try not to be too jealous of my Friday night!  And enjoy these last few photos:

A recent Home Improvement Project: We repainted and re-upholstered our dining room table and chairs.  This was a decision that saved Nathan from having to buy me an entirely new set.  I'm embarrassed to tell you how long it took us to finally get this project completed after it was first started, but let's just say that we lived in Parker only a little bit longer than the total duration of this project.  Ugh!  But, it's finally done!

And, it turned out looking nice, too!  Thanks, Mr. Wonderful!  You did it again. :)

Check out this pretty girl with her new glasses!  These were a replacement for the second pair that was destroyed by a very sweet, but very expensive young 2-year-old.  This time we got something a little lighter weight with springs that will make them less likely to break.  Trey-proof!  At least, we hope so!

Here are my darling children doing Yoga Poses.  One of my recent projects was to take a course to become certified as a Yoga Instructor for Children.  These cuties have been great little helpers for me as I have practiced creating yoga routines designed for little people and then instructing them.  We've had a lot of fun!  And incidentally, my overall grade for this course was an A+.  I scored 100% on my final written exam and 99% on my practical exam.  So, now I am a certified instructor!  We'll have to see what I can do next with this new skill!

Pictures from a recent library day when Trey picked out his first library book.  You might notice that the book is about Lightning McQueen and Mater--that movie being one of his obsessive interests for a few weeks in June.  He was so proud to hold his book as we walked back to the car.  This little guy just cracks me up!

Getting silly while Mommy was packing one day!

Our little drummer boy!

He's a percussionist by nature, for sure!

Excellent grooming habits begin at a young age.

Who did this to you, son?
Hiding under Avery's Cub Camp hat, singing "Jesus wants me for a Sun-Beep!"

Caught!


This is how he likes to pretend to "go potty."  Too bad Mommy has been too busy moving to really capitalize on this interest.  He's just going to have to wait.  Diapers are my friend right now!

Pretending to "sweep" in Coco's bed.


Yet another project we completed in June: we finally edited and formatted the boys' NaNoWriMo novels for printing.  Very impressive work once again.  We even published the books to Kindle and downloaded them to our tablets.  These are the printed versions of Chase's series so far.  So fun!  Great job, Chase and Avery!


No comments:

Post a Comment