Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Family That Sweats Together

 Running, Swimming, Fencing, Golfing


Trey likes to call it, "ecker-sizing!"  Sometimes I call it running around like chickens with our heads cut off.  But, in order to sound really cool, I will call it being an "active" family!

We really do try to get involved in activities that keep us moving and exercising regularly, and there are a few sports that we especially love.  This summer, those activities included lots of running, lots of swimming, lots of fencing, and a bit of golfing (not to mention moving boxes and furniture from one house to another).

But, it's really more fun to let the pictures tell the story.  So, enjoy the photos below of our very "active" family!

This is me and my good friend Mandie running together for the Holy COW 10k in August.  I signed up to do this run before we moved, for old time's sake, since I used to run it every year.  But then I realized that I had signed up to run more than 6 miles and hadn't been doing much training.  Ooops!  Although I don't run that much anymore, I do workout almost every day, so it turned out to be fairly easy.  But, it was especially fun to run it with Mandie!  We love her and her super cute family!  They have 3 boys and one girl, just like us.  And they are the sweetest family around.  We found both families along the trail cheering us on as we ran!
Getting high fives from my own personal cheer squad.


He didn't even cry when I ran by!


Look at these cute kids waving at us.  Now, there's some motivation!



Arriving at the Finish Line


Me and Mandie after the race...hydrated and happy again!  And there's Avery on the sidewalk enjoying a snack. :)

This is Chase after returning from backpacking campout with the Boy Scouts.  Isn't he the cutest scout EVER?























I'm not sure if this is soccer or a "conga line" in the backyard!
Splash!  Avery in the pool!


I can't keep him little like this forever, can I?  Chase in the pool.


Seriously, when does this girl NOT look gorgeous?


Oh. My. Heck.  Adorable!


My Little Buddy joins me as I watch his big brothers in a fencing tournament.


Avery prepares for a bout of fencing during the tournament.


Doesn't Chase look so poised and handsome?


After the tournament.  Chase and Avery got the first and second highest scores of the group, respectively.  The funny thing is that Chase was undefeated EXCEPT for in his bouts against Avery.  Avery won them both!  And Avery was undefeated except for his bouts against a very assertive and large young lady who was pretty good.  Chase ended up with more points overall, but they were both exceptional!  So fun!


Here Chase and I are showing (with alarm) a minor injury he received during his fencing class one week.  A sword to the eye of the elbow.  OUCH!  Not to worry, he healed up fast.
This is my first real golf game EVER!  I had so much more fun than I expected to have.  Thanks to my most excellent sweetheart for convincing me to give it a try!  I'm not very good at it yet, but I'm enjoying it!


Avery joined us for this game, too.  He had set a goal for himself over the summer to improve his golf game.  He did such a great job and it was fun to play together!


Keep Your Eye On The Ball!


Avery moving the flag for a putt.


What a gorgeous day!  Here's our golf champ, Avery!


Oh, be still my heart!  Here is my super hot Nate showing us how it's done.  I'm seriously crazy about this guy; and he looks so good in golf shorts!


But THIS is one of my favorite photos of ALL time!  Nate is showing Avery how to line up a putt.  This is simply a heart-warming father-son moment between these two who are so very much alike.  I LOVE them both SOOOOO much!


Like I always say..."A Family that Sweats Together, Stays Together!"

No comments:

Post a Comment