Sunday, February 22, 2015

Celebrating "Love" Week

I believe it is a well-established fact that I ADORE my little family with all of my heart and soul, and that I LOVE them ALL...ALL the time!  But when Valentine's Day comes, I have a special opportunity to express my love for them in a more celebratory way.  This year, I wanted to do something a little different from the usual cards and candy.  So, I came up with the idea to take each of my sweethearts on one-on-one dates throughout the week, so we could spend some time together and share a treat!*  Then, on Valentine's Day itself, I capped it all off by going on a date with my most excellent husband, my eternal sweetheart and favorite guy in the world!

*Please note that each date also included a little time for running an errand that was necessary for each child, so it was also a way to check a little something off my "mom work" list.  Also note that I decided to do this in addition to all of the normal business of life, which means I ended up making the week extra busy and certainly more stressful for me.  But, finally, please note that the ultimate brilliance of this plan was that although each child (and husband!) got to go out for one "treat" that week...I got to go out for FIVE treats.  Yes!!!!  Let that be a lesson to you, children: the more children you have, the more treats you get!  Haha...just kidding!  But really, I'm not.  But I am. Ha!

Here are the photos I took with each one of my sweethearts on our Valentine's Dates:

The first date was with this cutie pie!  We went to Target to get him new Sunday shoes because the old ones were "getting way too small for my feet."  Then we went to Starbuck's for cake pops and a chocolate smoothie.  He was super excited...can you tell?  This boy is the little caboose child in our family, and is the main reason I consistently forget how old I am.  He makes me feel like giggling every day!

Yummy!  Have you ever tried those cake pops?  Seriously delicious!

The second date was with my little lady!  We went to Kohl's for some new shoes and clothes for Sundays, and then to Jamba Juice for smoothies.

She chose the peanut butter chocolate smoothie, and I decided that because I was in for all those treats that week, I had better get some greens.  But Jamba Juice has a way of making kale taste pretty darn good, so it was still a treat!

This gal--she has always been my only princess, but as she matures I catch glimpses of her truly "queenly" attributes: great integrity, powerful intellect, deep love and tenderness, cleverness, creativity and wit!  This gal is a force!!!

Valentine's Date #3 with my Aver Braver!  We went to Target for new pants, as he is quickly outgrowing the previous pairs that we bought him in the fall (ugh!).  Then we went to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream!

This one: total brainiac.  His intellect will confound you.  For real!  But I like it best when he giggles!  And when he is good and wise.  And when he gives me an excuse to eat ice cream before dinner!

Valentine's Date #4 with Chase!  We headed to Kohl's for new long-sleeved shirts because his arms are too long for everything he had.  We seriously can't keep this boy in clothes that fit, since he grows so fast!  Then afterwards we went to Zinga's for frozen yogurt (I missed the "sweet spot" for a free yogurt by 2 tenths of an ounce...ugh!).  I honestly almost ran out of steam before I got to this date, because we had so much going on that we had to wait until late in the evening.  But I dug deep so I could spend time with my sweet firstborn!  If I had to sum up this guy in one word it would be this one: extraordinary!  And I don't think that's just my mommy goggles talking.  We had to go big on the treat because...nevertheless, nothwithstanding he being young, he is large in stature.  He can really put it away!

Finally, my last (but not least) Valentine's Date with my honey!  We had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and, of course, eventually ended up at Target for a few things we needed for the FHE we had planned for the next day.  But a date at Target is cool, because our romance knows no season or geography!  But really, we are just old and practical.  I just breathe better when I am with this guy, so that's why he will always be my Valentine.  And he is the reason for all of our other amazing Valentines, too!  My well-beloved, forever!

Okay, so I wasn't totally "practical" for this date!  I dressed up!  I even wore my white pants and red shoes for the occasion!  At this point of the date, waiting in line to check out of Target, wearing those very fashionable shoes, I was thinking all kinds of curse words directed at those dang painful shoes!!!!  See the sacrifices I make for my honey?  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment