Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Ninth Birthday

Written By Avery Merrill

So, this is how my birthday went.

The day started with a whole lot of excitement. Mom and Dad had to make me not move at all to keep me from trembling with anxiety. Finally, they let me go up. I found a surprise- already unwrapped- waiting for me- a gear-bike!

So, there were two major points that I want to put down before I forget them. First, Mom made me into a Periodic Table element using my birthday and age which you can view in the pictures below. Then, there was the Khet 2.0 game with real lasers, and we played it like 10 times in 1 hour! Well, not really in 1 hour, but you get the idea. According to Mom and Dad, it was Chase, Courtney and Trey who gave it to me, but I know it was actually them that bought it. Ha ha!

My birthday was on a Sunday, so we went to church as usual. When we got home, I waited... and waited... and waited for the cake time to get here. Fortunately, I found something to do while I was waiting. That was to eat dinner! Mom and Dad made me my favorite: flank steak and red potatoes! I also decorated my birthday cake, with a little help from Chase. We made it like the one we did for Cub Scouts, a Medieval Castle under attack.

We had cake and ice cream, and they were delicious!

What is that girl doing?

There's the bike, just like I told you.

Checking out the bike.

What could it be?

That's the Khet 2.0!

That was a funny card, all right!

...And that's the inside.

The Periodic Table Me, just as promised. It also provides an excellent veiw of the cake.

Blowing out the candles- Finally!

1 comment: